Thursday, February 26, 2009

TSG Sneak Peak Day 3: Nature of Friendship

Are you ready for the last sneak peeks at this month's There She Goes set releases?

Today the Trendsetters are showing off the new set Nature of Friendship.
This fun set is a solid image set filled with great nature images, as well as warm friendly verses and greetings. My favs of course are basic sentiments like 'Thank You' and this one I used on my card 'Friendship'. The fact that these basic sentiments are in such a classic font, weeeeeell ...
Jessica...are you there? Girl, I love this set! :) Thanks again for designing GREATNESS!
Here's my sample.

I stamped different element s of the set to make this scene. This technique is called Cracked Glass, but if you have never seen that, I'll explain it a little. The images are stamped onto glassy white card stock, clear embossed, rolled over with baja breeze classic ink and then 3 layers of ultra thick embossing powder later I threw it in my deep freezer for 10 minutes. When I came back, it had hardened and rolled itself up so that when I opened it flat it cracked like crazy. :) I then rubbed ink over top, forcing it into the cracks and tada! Aged goodness!
I chose this yummy designer paper from my stash. It is called "Brothers" Stripe by My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus line. I love the color combo it gives of Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla.

So what do ya think?
Want to WIN this set? :D

That's right! We're giving one of these away too!
While this set will be available for you to get on the 1st, Jessica is giving one of these away, and here's what you need to do to qualify:
Visit my fellow Trendsetter girlies at their blogs below (click on their names), leave a comment at each location's sneak peek post AND here, and then go back to Jessica's blog and enter your name into the raffle there!
Becky Christi Denise Faith Holly Jessie
Joanne Jodi Julie Maki Silke Stephanie Wendy

47 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Love the cracked glass technique!! Great card!!!

Joanne said...

wow...loving those luscious colors

Wendybell said...

WOWZA HOLY COWZA!! This is GAWgeous!! You amaze me every time, Bev-y Baby!! Love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow Bev, this just ROCKS!!

Jessica said...

I'm listening lol! I'm so glad you like it :) Beautiful job on this card, I love the cracked glass effect!

Jackie said...

I love the colors of this card, and the layout. The cracked glass technique really works as well, great job with the peak!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

This is fabulous and yeah - I really want to win this set!! :)

Antje said...

Love that friendship tag... wonderful card!

Terri E. said...

Stunning. The cracked glass is fantabulous! WOW!!!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

KanataNewf said...

Love the cracked glass. Try as I might I have never been able to master this look. It always cracks too much!

chelemom said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the cracked glass!

Cammy said...

Wow! What a great card! The baja breeze really pops.

Angela said...

Oh my Bev, that is gorgeous!!! Great card girl!

enchantedstamper said...

WOW Bev.
This card absolutely phenomenal. it has been a while since i have done cracked glass!! TFS

MakiJo said...

Wow! Bev, this is awesome!! I love it!

Lisa H. said...

so cool. love the technique you used. FAB!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! Bev, I haven't been to your blog in awhile -- Holy Cow! It looks amazing!! Where did you get your whole matching design? It's really neat!!

Your card is just beautiful! Ok - going to check out some more on your blog!

Silke said...

Bev - the card is awesome!!! The cracked glass is so striking - I love it!!!

k prakken said...

Wow! Love the cracked glass on your card. Beautiful.

Julia Aston said...

Love the cracked glass on this!

Stampin_melissa said...

WOW! This card is awesome! Great colors and design!

Markie's Mom said...

Bev, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love cracked glass!!!

Kelli said...

Love the card and the DP from MME

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! Love the cracked glass!

Christi said...

Wow! This is amazing! I love that technique!!

Becky Sorensen said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Jan Castle said...

Soooooooooooo Pretty! Love the color combo too!
Jan Castle

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Love the Cracked Glass technique. Fabulous job, GF!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is the BOMB Bev! LOVE the cracked glass and the dp!

dlove2scrap said...

Beautiful card. I love the technique. Another fab card.

Jill Haddad said...

Cracked glass?? Wonderful technique. I love it.

Jan Butler said...

I really like this technique! Great card.

Stamping Mutt said...

WOW! This one is stunning. Loving all of the samples I have seen so far. I love the cracked glass technique.

- Alma

Ida P. Krause said...

Super Pretty - The Cracked Glass just looks so fantastic here.

Lori said...

I'm going to have to try the cracked glass technique - very neat!

Great card!

Lori

Sue D said...

Cracked glass looks great with this stamp.

Char in So Cal said...

What a lovely creation!

I can't wait to what I can do with this new stamp set!

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}

Dell Richards said...

This set is just beautiful. I would love to win.

Tracey said...

Wow! A beautiful card!!

Ravengirl said...

This card Wow's for sure!

Kathy said...

What a great technique! Love the colors!

Kathy said...

What a great technique! Love the colors, too.

Sherry said...

OMGosh! Lovin' the cracked glass tech..the wonderful color choices and the sentiment banner all put this over the top FAB-ulous!

Kathy said...

Great technique! The cracked effect really adds to your card.

KraftyKym said...

WOW - what a great technique and beautiful card!! Can't wait to try this - TFS!!

Dawn said...

love the cg! fab job

Lori Craig said...

Love this! Love the paper, the stamp, the layout... absolutely gorgeous!