Saturday, March 24, 2007

“Put Some South In Your Mouth”


I was soo hungry for some southern cookin’ the other night. Luckily enough I had all I needed to make collard greens and cornbread. Ohmygosh! It is sooo yummy and that one recipe filled up 4 tupperwares of leftovers (3 to freeze and 1 to linger over this week).
It tastes so good (as anything that has a pound of bacon in it should)! And, bonus, Robyn is in love with it too! She ate my entire bowl the other night and I had to fill it again so I could have some. It *is* green so no way Seth will eat it.
It reminded me a lot of eating at The Lady and Sons (Paula Dean’s restaurant in Savannah). You can’t get more southern than that. And the shirts you can get at their gift shop are just hilarious. One that I bought says “Put some south in your mouth”. :) Paula Dean humor, love it.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

YOu got to eat at The Lady and Sons? I am soooooooooo jealous!

B_Rousch said...

You've GOT to go some time Ellen. :)