Monday, May 28, 2007

Altered Canvas Bag

I've been looking for a small handbag that my 1 1/2 year old daughter can have fun carrying around, while proving herself useful and tote around her own diaper and accesories.

Well I found it today at Bath & Body Works! I found this cute little canvas tote and it was on sale! It was marked down to $5.98 with TAX! What a bargain! I'm so excited!

Anyway I brought it home and kept walking by it and finally I thought, "Bev! This baby needs her name on it! Stamp!". So I did. You must always follow that little voice...especially when it pleads you to stamp! :)

Here are the steps I took and my Robyn's new beauty of a "purse".
1)Picked out my alphabet (Spunky Alphabet by Stampin' Up)
2) Centered and stamped out name and hearts using Stampin' Up craft ink.
3)Painted in stamped images for bolder type using stamp reinkers.
4) Used White craft ink to "white out" small mistakes.
5) Heat set it, added ribbon and voila! Such fun!