Monday, March 03, 2008

Bevithia Mud Bars

Made this beauty yesterday. Wipe the drool away, I'll wait.

Ready for me to continue now? :)
I adapted this recipe from several other Miss-iss-ipp-i Mud Bar recipes.

Stop looking at the picture, and pay attention.

Ok, here's my recipe:

1 box of Dunkan Hines family style Brownies
~mix this up according to directions for "cake like" brownies not "chewy". Fold in 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
~Pour into greased 9"x9" square pan and bake for time specified by Mr Hines.
~Last 5 minutes: top with 2 cups of mini-marshmallows and return to bake for the last 5 minutes. Cool.
~In a medium bowl, mix together 2 Tbs. melted butter, 2 Tbs. cocoa, 3 Tbs. Milk, 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar. Pour this icing over cooled brownies.
I like to make a swirly pattern with the icing and melted marshmallows.

3 comments:

GeorgiaBelleBoutique said...

Yummy!! Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

Melissa Hanlon said...

Om My God, another winner if you ask me! Pity I'm not in America to get the Brownie Mix!

Mel Hanlon

AprilShowers said...

Yum yum!