Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Darla"

"That's Darla, the FISH KILLER!"
-Finding Nemo

Robyn woke up early yesterday morning, and I did what every good parent does. I pulled the cover over my head and told her to go back to sleep!
Do you think she heeded her mother's wish and dutifully walked back to her bed, nodding all the while thinking "Why, yes mother! Bed is surely the best place for ME at 5:30 in the morning!".

Of course not.

Did I know this?

No. It was 5:30. I was dreaming that I was on a beach with ...well, that really isn't any of your business, now is it? The point is, I was asleeeeeep.


Meanwhile, my darling 2 1/2 year old decides the fish look hungry.

oh..so..hungry.
She gives them the entire jumbo container of fish food.
Then she decides to go back to bed.

*2 hours later*
I woke up. I came out to the kitchen to eat some breakfast and find a tank filled with the soupiest water...gag! The fish were not happy. I cleaned out the water but it did no good. By then they had filled their little bellies so full, floating was the only possibility. RIP x5 later that evening.

Now, the only thing I can think of when I see my dear Robyn girl is the fish in Finding Nemo yelling "Darla!". LOL Robyn, The fish killer.

1 comment:

AprilShowers said...

I can think of worse things she could have done...or should I say my kids HAVE thought of worse things to do on many a morning when the awoke bright and early...before their mother was out if bed!