Saturday, August 16, 2008

Getting Closer to Being Done...


The Kitchen is done....the top floor just needs all the new lighting put in.

Now it's just the downstairs and the house is done. (For those of you just tuning in, we had a house fire last fall and have rebuilt the complete inside of the house)

I promise pictures here and there. Here's an angle shot of the kitchen.

The kitchen is my favorite room of the house. I adore cooking...so we went all out.

One of my husbands friends who helped us here and there with rebuilding calls it "the kitchen house". :)

We took down a wall that separated the kitchen from the living room, so now the entire upstairs living space is open to each other. Such fun.
What's with the little white strips in the cupboards? I must label what is in each cabinet...
It was my hubby and I's very first marital argument ("why can't you ever loooook for something before asking me?" "Well I would if I knew where to start", you get the picture) and I have labeled my cupboards ever since.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

OMG that looks great, but I am confused as to which direction I am looking....

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys did a GREAT Job with the Kitchen... I love it.. Glad you are almost done with the House.

Brooke S said...

Wowzers!!! What a beautiful Kitchen sorry it took such a crazy event to get it...

Brooke

AprilShowers said...

That looks beautiful!! We'll buy your house! LOL

imastampin said...

Wow, wow, wow, I love your kitchen Bev! And you labeling the cupboards is so funny! What a great idea!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Your litchen looks fabulous, and you make me laugh everymorning....here's a cup of coffee with you!~Donna