Monday, September 08, 2008

Pencil Haiku

I did it. :)
Last night Ms. Georgia decided to change her hours and wanted to be awake at 2 am. So we did quiet stuff till 4. I came up with THIS card for the swap.I kept going around and around with what colors to go with and then came to a very "duh" moment because I *love* to start a card based on designer paper colors. I looked at what packs I had and bingo! Haiku is perfect for a pencil as a main image. I used the main colors in this designer paper: More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron and I added in the Whisper White.
My layout mojo apparently comes out at 2 am. Who knew?!? (I've got to talk to management about that one!)
So I wrote a little Pencil Haiku- it's only apropos don't you think?

"Oh ye water colored pencils!
For weeks ye caused such needless strife.
Still now, I love thee!"

Let me know what you think of the new pencil card. I'm making 10 of these today so I can ship them off tomorrow. Nothing like cutting the swap deadline nice and close! :) Dag,

9 comments:

Staci (Misermom) said...

Yeah, this layout rocks! Everything works so well with the colors & all! Hope you get a nap today!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was a blessing that the other pencil design got "blackened" with night of navy. This is scrumptious. Obviously, the design block got broken.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I love the colors!! I wish kids would get them memo that sleep=good. Wait till they're 15 and we can't get them out of bed!
Kimberly

Brenda Eien said...

SOOO cute! I love the layout and the colors!

DALewis said...

Very nice! I'm glad the pencil was brought back to life after the incident earlier in the week. =)

Savitri said...

This is oh so cool!!! I LOVE it! The pencil line is just awesome!

I tried the Haiku thing... I ended up copying ha! No talent there :P

Donna said...

this card makes me happy! I love everything about it - you're so clever!

Jessica said...

That card is so cute, love that pencil!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

haha...funny poem. But a true Haiku has 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the 2nd and 5 again in the third. I've been browsing your blog while the kids put away dishes before school...your cards are awesome. You photograph them so well too!