Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #24

It's time for another Color Inspiration challenge from Kristina Werner!
Oh, I just love this combo she's picked:
Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla!
Doesn't that just make you HUNGRY?!? LOL

So this is what I've come up with for this challenge.
It also qualifies for today's Way to Use it Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers: Quotes.
This is my favorite quote set. It's called Sidekick sayings and was a hostess set last year.

I used Chocolate Chip craft ink and clear embossed over it. Then I colored in the stem and leaves with Kiwi Kiss and highlighted the words with Pumpkin Pie. This is a 3.5"x5.5" card, so it will fit in a regular mailing envelope, but has long dimensions that fit the image well. The designer paper I chose is from SU! and is called Hawaiian Papaya. That's also our Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon and our Rhinstone brads.

That's the awesome thing about Stampin' Up! Everything matches. And I'm all about that!

Don't forget that you have until tomorrow (Friday), midnight central time, to comment and be entered into the BLOG CANDY!! :)

Cheers,

18 comments:

chloe said...

I LOVE THIS! GORGEOUS SIZE AND LAYOUT!

Jayne Mercer said...

This is a lovely card. Love the layout.

Bianca said...

Very nice!

Ryann said...

I love how you highlighted some of the words. I may need to CASE your idea! *smiles*

Sherri said...

So cute! I love the way you highlighted the sentiment!

SmilynStef said...

Very cool quote ... I love how you highlighted the words with color.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute!

Vera said...

Wonderful design! I love the striped paper in the background!

Becky said...

Beautiful card! I love your text treatment! TFS!

silkeledlow said...

Hi Bev - my subscribtion to your blog is working - yeahhh!!!

I totally love this card - super gorgeous!!! Perfect colors - I already saved it under my fav's - I feel a case coming on....~tfs~!!!
Have a great weekend....Hugs ~S~

Butternut Sage Designs said...

hi Bev AWESOME idea with the highlighting! Love your card this week ~Donna

Ornery's Wife said...

Very cute card and love your blog design! tm

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful card. I love how you highlighted certain parts of the quote.

Char in So Cal said...

Lovely creation! Neat idea to highlight the words! I think I might try to CASE the idea!

Char in So Cal

zukesgirl said...

Wow -
Love this one
Very beautiful

Brooke S said...

Sweet card Bev.. I am so living this color combo as well.... I an so into Pumpkin pie lately... I just saw the picture of us together from convention... Missing ya!!
Hugs
Brooke

p.s. love the highlighted words on the card..

Carol Dunstan said...

Fantastic card, loving the highlighted words too

Makeesha Byl said...

OH Love your card Bev! Just GORGEOUS!
Keesh x