Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Father's Day Yachts

I accomplished a great feat, for me, in the past couple of days.
I designed, executed, and JUST sent off 10 Father's Day cards.
Whew!
(and NO, I do not have 10 fathers. There just happens to be 10 special guys in my husband and I's collective families that hold the title of 'Father')
Here's what I did.
And a close up.
I really like this Father's Day sentiment from the SU! All Holidays set, but didn't feel like mixing in another set. So I went for some paper folding (also known as origami).
You can find the instructions on making these cute paper yachts right HERE. (I started out with a 2 1/2" piece of dsp for a finished 2 1/4"ish sized yacht)
Also, this was a great way for me to use up some pretty paper scraps. Well...maybe I shouldn't call them pretty. Handsome. Yes, handsome. LOL
These cards even got the thumbs up from my hubby for not being girly. Yay! LOL
So what do ya think? :)

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my!! These are all so wonderful, Bev!! What a wonderful idea for a father's day card!!

Christi said...

These are fantastic Bev!!

Brenda said...

Those boats are too cute! They're perfect with that Father's Day stamp! I love the stitching details... awesome cards! TFS!