Friday, May 26, 2006

What was your first overly watched movie?

My son has discovered The Increadables.
He watches this movie ATLEAST 2 times a day.
I have moved past the point of knowing what the characters are about to say...I now am a phsycological expert on what is really going on between the characters, what they are feeling, and what they are really trying to say when they are having a disagreement. We've seen it THAT many times.............................................
Yet, he's still enthralled by it. He still sits down and watches it. Still walks up to me in the morning and gleefully says "Incwedabls!!!". I rub my face with both hands and say "Ok....let's go see The Increadables".
I remember being this into three movies in my life. The first, you are going to laugh, was Dirty Dancing (my mother was not exactly a beacon of right moral parental choices). I watched that movie over and over and over again for months. I didn't get what was going on in it...but I knew there was dancing, great music, and that Baby was not supposed to be doing what she was doing. (This explains alot about my teenage years actually!)
The second movie was The Little Mermaid, oh the drama!
The third was Beauty and the Beast....yes, it was Disney and I was in Middle School....BUT loved it! I watched it every day after school and sang right along.
Unfortunatly my mother did not own a camcorder...so there is no tape of me making a fool out of myself, but I kind of wish there were. I would love to see myself be that openly vulnerable watching a movie again. I used to laugh and dance and sing right along with the characters.

Were you ever crazy about a movie like that when you were litttle?

6 comments:

Susan said...

Well, there were no VCR's when I was 4...and not till I was like 12 and then they were $600 and renting movies...well back then you needed to put a downpayment equivalent to buying a house... Soooo, my first experience of "watching a movie till you knew the words ad-nauseam" was when my son turned 2. We WORE out 3 copies of The Lion King and I think 2 of Toy Story. He liked The Brave Little Toaster, but for some reason, that one creeped me out....

Tanya said...

Mine was Top Gun, when I thought Tom Cruise was the hottest thing since sliced bread, now he is just weird and did he always have that nose?

B_Rousch said...

Brave Little Toaster creeped me out too! I thought I was the only one....
Tanya, I agree about Tome Cruise. What happened!?! I think if he would have just not even said a word promoting Mission Impossible 3 it would have done better in the box office than it did because he did talk and act stupid. Sometimes I think I just like seeing the stars from a far off; I wouldn't like to meet them and know what they're actually like. It would kill it for me. This happened to me with Shania Twain (not that I've met her in person). I loved her songs and thought she was great. Then I saw some MTV live thing where they followed her around for 24 hours. What a complete ditz! Clearly not the sharpest pencil in the box (not even close!). Not a big Shania fan anymore.

MandySue said...

Umm, Bambi, I honestly still cannot watch that movie without turning into a blubbering idiot. My grandma would try to fast forward it so I didn't see what happens to the mom but I always caught her and would watch it all the way through sobbing on her shoulder. What a goof!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»