Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's true! It's true! It's totally true!

I've gotten calls this week from people saying "I heard you are moving". It's true! It's true! It's totally true!
Whenever Michael and I get P-ed off at housing, we go house hunting for a few weeks. This time our basement flooded a few times and they passed it off as nothing, only to find the last time that we had tree roots in our lines (grrrrrrr....I can't say the four letter words that are flying through my head just thinking about these people and their ignorance!). Well, we went house hunting again and this time we found something fabulouse before we became complacent again (like we had in the past). The house is just too much! I'm soooo excited!
It's in Larimore- 15 minutes from base. It's a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom splitlevel with a great deck, 2 car garage and move in ready. We are having the inspector go through it tomorrow afternoon. We close on it and move on Feb 7th and 8th. Our housing out inspection is the 9th. Michael deploys at the end of February so we're trying to get all loose end tied up before he leaves. I'm going to take a bunch of pictures tomorrow at the inspection so you can see it.
For now, I've got three piles going in every room of the house: Pack, Trash, Freecycle (they'll be seeing a lot of me on there for the next few weeks!). Got to go. Woo-hoo new house! Yeah! :)

5 comments:

Ellen said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see pics. And don't worry I haven't forgotten about you this week, just been a bit hectic around here.

Tanya said...

Ha Ha thats funny, it's my friend's house! Good for you though I think you will enjoy it!

Eric and Cyndy said...

That is very exciting!!! Good luck with everything and the move! Congrats.

MandySue said...

Congrats. I was guessing by the pile on the curb and the freecycle posts that something was happening. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Andrea St. John said...

Congratulations! That is a monumental step...I'm envious of your progress. Enjoy the space.