Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A sigh of relief...

Ahhh....
It was a stressful first part of the week. I had a book review I promised to do for my sister due (I hadn't done a report in 6 years), *but* the book was actually kinda good.
Today was our Mothers of Preschoolers annual tea at which I was one of the speakers. I shared on my time after Seth with Post-Partum Depression. It was daunting to tell a roomful of woman how I turned into a crazy woman. But 4 ladies actually came up to me later to share that they were going through some sort of depression now. Kind of nice to use the hardship you think no one will relate to and then hear that it encouraged someone you care about.

In this month's Reader's Digest Dr. OZ talks about breathing deeply. When you inhale you're suppose to suck your belly button in and then push it out as far as you can go when you exhale so your lungs expand fully. I've been practising this- not the breathing (I know how to breath).
Breathing deeply. I totally need it. :) (unfortunately it also works out your belly button)

So now that those two hurdles are jumped I have the rest of the week to plan out a 2-kid-one mom-one grandma-road trip to Wisconsin. Michael's Mom is coming up by train on Sunday morning and I need to get away, so we're going down to Wisconsin for an undetermined time. I'm not sure how it will go, but I've cleared my schedule for a month and a half. When I get back I get to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl, so that's exciting!
I'm having a fun time looking at ideas for the road trip on this site. I use it about 3 times a year and it *is* a very helpful site. Some of the ideas though, my kids would retaliate against. I think they would freak out if I brought out a puppet to explain where we were at each stop- plus I *really* hate puppets (they're freaky). I think the count the cows game might work though since we're going to Wisconsin. :)

3 comments:

FFFF said...

maybe if you count "herds" of cows and not actual cows--I don't think I can even count fast enough to count ALL the cows in one field in wisconsin.

B_Rousch said...

No problem there Jen! Seth sees a large group of anything and autimaticaly says 10 (apparently his largest number imaginable-we'll have to work on that). :)

Susan said...

Puppets ARE creepy. Ever see the one's on Mr Rogers neighborhood? Those were SCARY!! I'll have to find a pic and blog it lol

Counting cows....only Jenny lol

I am glad you shared that with your MOPS ladies. It's sooo common...