Saturday, February 02, 2008

Clean Your Heart Out, baby!


My son loves Roombas. My husband and I had gotten two of them for Valentines Day a few years ago (clean floors are a great way to say 'I love you', doncha' think? Hehehe). Well that began Seth's love of the robot vaccume. He would use the remote and "tell it where to go" and dock it for fun.
Jane and George (The Roombas' names~ after Jane and George Jetson) did not survive the fire (RIP).
Seth has been asking for a new one here and there.
Well, yesterday my husband decided enough was enough and he was going to go and get one to replace our other two.
It had to charge all day and Seth kept going over to it and whispering things like "hi roomba" "sleep good" "with roomba, you can" (that's their slogan off the commercials~ sick, I know....).
I have to roll my eyes. This kid is nuts about that darn machine. Don't get me wrong I doooo appreciate automatically cleaned floors, and it is a fun little machine. But geeze, Louise! You'd think it were a dog. I shouldn't tell you this...it's bad....but....
Last night....I heard him go over and give it a kiss goodnight.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Well, for crying out loud! Sony makes those digital dog robots, so I guess it's not unreasonable for Seth to ascribe animal qualities to this independently moving machine. God Bless him, that's hilarious. I can't say I've ever been compelled to kiss my vaccum but then again, maybe if I showed it some love, it would do a little more to keep my floors spotless too :)