Thursday, May 15, 2008

Buttons Run In The Family...

I collect buttons. The fascination with them started when I was younger and came upon my grandmother's button jar in her sewing notions. I immediately felt a love for this jar of "treasure"! I would take each one out and stare at each of them, then organize them by color, then size and replace them in the ROYGBIV pattern. I loved them. My family knows I love buttons. They like to give my jars of buttons (mostly my in-laws). When I go thrift shopping I keep an eye out for them. I'm secretly a lunatic.

Well guess who I found the other morning, sifting through my card buttons?

She was sorting them!
And counting (she sings out "seben! ate! nighn!")!
"Robyn?"
She jumps.
"Whatcha' doin' honey?"
She put them away quickly and ran over to distract me with a smile while she put the buttons back. Button lunacy apparently runs in the family.

4 comments:

AprilShowers said...

Soooo cute! You write the best blogs! :)

P.S. I love love loved my mom's buttons when I was a kid. She had them all sorted by color in this little drawer organizer thing and I used to love to play with them!

Mel Hanlon said...

Gosh, she looks just like you! Except the dirty face, though...

Mel Hanlon

Melanie Evans said...

OMIGOSH! What a darling little girl! How funny that she tried to distract you!

Melanie Evans

Michele said...

what an adorable story! I love your last sentence, made me LOL!