Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An Awesome Afternoon

Yesterday afternoon was amazing.

My friend April (hi April!) and I are swapping out an afternoon every other week as a Mommy time out! LOL

Seriously. It's the best.

So yesterday was the first afternoon and I got to go out on my own. Crazy. What does one do with ones-self? What was the first thing on my list of to -dos?

A pedicure!

I had never had a pedicure. I know. I was living in darkness. I did my own feet.

Well, anyways I went to this great place in town that I remember my friend Darcy suggesting some time ago (hi Darce!).

They have these big 'ole seats that have controls to massage your back while you sit there and your feet soak, and your eyes roll to the back of your head. This little oriental lady sat in front of me and scrubbed and massaged and painted my tootsies. There were hot towels and scrubs and creams. I got a french pedicure (...do all french ladies have white strips across their nails? Why do we call this a french manicure/pedicure?), and flowers on my toes. Might as well. She even put a little sparkly rhinestone for the flower center. Bless her heart.

I hate to put a big'ole picture of my feet up on my blog, but they've never looked so purdy! Hehehe So if ever there was a time, I guess it's now.
Pedicures are definitely on my monthly to do list now. A slice of heaven!

While such heaven was going on, I sucked down a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks, and read my latest read Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos. Great fun read.

Delicious frap...though next time I'll have them make it a double shot 'cause it was a little less caffeinated than I normally like. I like to drink a frap and mean it, baby.

Also, I made a card today. I was inspired by July's Real Simple magazine page 166. The poppies made me do it.
So what do ya think? :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW, what a day you had. I love the feet; they are gorgeous indeed. And welcome to the world of frivolous, yet fabulous spa treatments! I'm convinced that my life would be stress free, if I could only find a manicurist, pedicurist, hair stylist, massage therapist and accupuncturist that wouldn't mind moving into my home and working for food.

th3r3sa said...

I think it is a beautiful card, and am so glad I had to sit here waiting on my back up to complete, so I could cruise some and see your recent cards! They are beautiful and I love the explanatory video! LOL! I am getting ready to fly to CA to see my sister out there, so I might be out of pocket, but I look forward to seeing your works of art when I return. Hmmm, do you think the toes might inspire one??

Veronica said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day out. Your toes look adorable!

This card is beautiful! I love the contrast of theblack and white card stock and the papers are so pretty. LOVE this card!

Terri said...

Bev, love your toes and card!! The frap. that you had does not have coffee in it. Jen and I went there last week and they were passing samples of it and they told us. But they were yummy.....

AprilShowers said...

So glad you had such a good time! The kids and I had fun as well! Looking forward to next Tuesday...I'm going to the dentist. But hey - you know what a treat it is to be able to go by yourself!! :)