Friday, June 06, 2008

Gum Purse

I have seen these gum holders in the past and am always out'a luck to make them.
Why?
I don't chew trident gum and that's what the measurements for tutorials for gum holders usually call for. I chew stick gum. My favorite being Extra Sugar Free- the yummy tutti-fruity tasting pink kind! :)
So tonight I rolled up my sleeves and came up with measurements to fit my kinda gum!
The tutorial for a gum holder can be found HERE at Rochelle W's blog.
My differences go as follows:
1)The starting measurements for my card stock is 8 3/4 x 2 1/2 inches
2)My score lines are at 2 1/4 and 2 3/4, then when you flip it 180 degrees you score at 2 3/8 and 2 7/8 inches.
3) I punched holes to loop ribbon through so I could make it a "purse" and hang it on a door knob or car mirror or yada yada yada.
4) I made it so that the center circle (with the tutu) is punched all the way through and popped up with dimensionals so that it acts as the closure. Bonus to this is that it dresses up the inside when it's open. *hugs herself*
In the end, these are quick, cute, and make a really fun little gift.
So what do ya think? :)

3 comments:

Mel Hanlon said...

Bev,

They look fantastic! A great idea, and I like that flavour, too!

Mel Hanlon

The Mom RD said...

Thank you for mine!!
:)

Dawn Mercedes said...

thanks for sharing the dimensions. I can't even find trident in that little packs...and I chew stick gum too!