Friday, June 13, 2008

Ikea Water Flowers

I made this one for Kristina Werner's Color Challenge, found HERE. The colors are:
Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Going Gray and Whisper White. Emphasis on the Whisper White!

I really love these colors together and I wasn't sure about the white bow at first, but I think it kinda adds to the minimalist feel.

Get it? I added to the minimalist feel? LOL I crack myself up....yeeeeeah, ok...stop shaking your head.

For the flowers panel, I inked up my rubber with markers, stamped the images out and then *lightly* misted the paper with water, and dried it with my heat gun. This makes the water bleed a tad and soften, and also makes the paper crinkle a little adding texture.

So what do ya think? :)

11 comments:

Shawntel said...

Your flowers are Beautiful! I love the way your card turned out! I like the white on white bow!

Dallas said...

wonderful job, your flowers look great!

Mary said...

Very nice! I love the misting the paper after stamping. I'll have to try it.

Mel Hanlon said...

Love it Love it Love it... need I say more??? Great work!

Mel H

Tegan said...

This card is beautiful. I will have to try to case something similar-but i will have to buy more stamps since i am low on flowers with stems :(

Great work! Ill have to add you to my favourites :)

Amy, Ottawa, ON said...

Wonderful, just wonderful. TFS, Amy.

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful card!

travelingmama said...

Beautiful card! Love the technique with the flowers. I'll have to try that!

savitri said...

I LOVE the white bow. I just bought some today since I don't have any and quite liking the white bow effect on others' cards.

Thanks for the comment AND the MathUSee info. Looks really fun and I think I'll try the primer one.

Oh, I love the photos that you took too below. Awesome sepia look and low shutter effect!

Tanja said...

Very pretty! and I love your post about your man!
Great blog!

Deanna said...

Great card! TFS!