Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you each get some time to grill out, breath in some sunshine and see some fireworks. It's a beautiful day here to celebrate this country we're blessed to live in and the freedoms it gives us. I know that as military spouses and families we hear it a lot, but to those of you who are and are reading this, thanks for your everyday struggles and sacrifices as military families for our nation's good. You bless me.
Yes, of course I made a patriotic card today. I went nautical. Hope ya like it.
I also went to read the full lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner this morning. I'm not sure that I've read the last chorus of it be for, but for your reading pleasure, I'll include it here. Enjoy and since I'm missing Michael here today, give those you love extra hugs today! :)

"Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"
-"The Star Spangled Banner" Lyrics By Francis Scott Key, 1814

No comments: