Thursday, August 14, 2008

Baja Breeze: Today's In Color

I made two cards today. I missed yesterday's sketch challenge and it was one I really wanted to do, so I made it up today with this card:

Today's Way to Use It challenge was to use Copic markers. Copics are an alcohol based marker that this little lady does not own. They are a tad on the pricy side for me. :) So I improvised for the challenge. I went for a design from my ideas notebook and an image that just needed one color, in this case Riding Hood Red.

I mixed the Riding Hood Red reinker with a splash of alcohol and colored in my hearts (that were stamped with black stazon ink onto whisper white cardstock).
I walked away and came back 5 minutes later (letting some of the alcohol evaporate) and then I used that same mix to shade my hearts. And then I did it all a 3rd time. :)
Cut them out, popped them on dimensionals and then onto the sketched card.
By the way, these images are from the Sock Monkey set I used yesterday.
Quick story. Seth has learned how to pick up his baby sister. He does it pretty well, and it has come in pretty useful when she gets into things, since she can crawl around now.
He also is pretty interested in the things he can do when he becomes a man, like Daddy.
This is how those two things meshed in a conversation yesterday:

Seth: "Mommy, when I am a man, I bet I'll be able to pick up a lot of girls."
Me: "Uhhh...oh dear...ummm. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up lots of *babies* for your wife some day, honey"
LOL

No comments: