Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Spring-Out Thank You and Blog Candy Hint

Made a card today! :)

It's been a few days of hard work to get my life back in "order" after my vaca.
*snort*
I'm really using the word "order" loosely there. And no I will not take pictures of my house right now so you can see HOW loosely I'm using it. :)

I will, however, show you pictures of my card.


It's a Spring-Out card. They showed us this technique at convention.
You take a punched circle and cut into it in a spiral pattern. Then you adhere one end of the spiral to one side of the inside of the card and the other end of the spiral to the other side of the inside of the card. Have I confused you enough?
Well, here's the inside of my card for a visual.
Ta-da!
I know. I could die too.
I love this technique. It's a rarity for me to make the inside of a card look all pretty 'cause when I spend so much time on the outside...it's just nice to be happy and done. Know what I mean?

Anyway, you just decorate those spiral how you'd like and when you close it, the card lays flat (ish) again.
By the way, the little envelope that my cutie sock monkey (new set in the catty) is holding is the up and coming Scallop Envelope Bigz Die that goes into the Stampin' Up Big Shot.
It's a cute die cut that is cut and even scored for you with a darling scallop paper piercing on the flap border. Love it!
Do tell me what you think.


One last thing: I'm getting so close to 25K hits! Be looking forward to it because (blog candy hint alert!) at 25K something spidy your way comes! Can you guess what it is? :)

7 comments:

Bunny B said...

Oooo... that card is super cute!! Love it!!

Barb Nelson said...

Love the spring card Bev - thanks for the info.....gonna have to try that now. And I'm still resisting the Big Shot........must not get another die cut system!!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty and fun card! I love the spring in the center.

Blog candy Huh? Does it have anything to do with Decor elements?

That would be lots of fun. I am still waiting for my order to arrive. I think that it will come while i am away for a week. I could just die!

fun blog!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Love your Cards.. Maybe 1 of these Days we could get together and Stamp.. You are so creative!
~Chris~

Tandra said...

Hey BevBev!! OHHH mMYY!! I ADORE that sock monkey card!! Love him with the uber cute envie! I didnt have that die on my preorder- Well it will be now!!
Love the spiral tech too!
Hugs!

Natalie said...

Okay, so this is just totally BRILLIANT! I really wasn't sure about that little envelope die, or the Sock Monkey set, for that matter...but this is totally AMAZING!!

LeeAnn Greff said...

Ooh, love how you did the spring card. What a perfect way to tie in the new envelope die cuts.
Your blog is just fabulous!