Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic Swimming

I'm not a team sports girl. I'm just not. I've never been. But in high school I was on swim team all 4 years. Loved it. I remember the hard work and exercises and sometimes early morning laps...but man I'll never forget that chlorine smell and meeting my hubby in lane #2. :)
Swimming is the only sport I'll watch with my heart.
The Olympics is killing me! I'm watching it while my kids are asleep and I just want to jump up and down and yell "yeeeeaaaah baby"...but then I'd wake the kids. This video made it worth it.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0811_HD_SWB_HL_L0194

Watching this relay I was doing strokes in mid air, gunning for the US...holy smokes and they DID it! They beat France. I got teary even.

I woke up 2 out of 3. :)

1 comment:

Larina said...

Wasn't that GREAT! I loved it because it was so close. We are a swimming family (4 of my 5 kiddos are on swim team, my baby is only 1 1/2, but he loves the water too). Go USA!