Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pretend Salad- A Lesson in Weeding

While playing outside this morning, I introduced the kids to weeding while we play.

I hope this new skill comes in useful. Seth was extremely enthusiastic!
You see, I informed them that we could make a pretend salad with the weeds.
He is my sous chef. He is crazy for helping me in the kitchen.
He wanted to taste each weed to see if it was right for the salad.
The ironic thing is that the boy hates vegetables. But weeds, I guess, are right up his alley. Whatever!
Robyn felt the weeds were being hogged by her older brother so she staked claim to her fair share.

Dandelion Salad anyone? :)

4 comments:

imastampin said...

Hee hee hee, you are so clever to get them to do the weeding and make a salad of them. lol I love it!

Sandy said...

Years ago I worked for an old Italian family and the dad, Frank Sr. would make us dandelion salad... :) He'd used the curly dandelion leaves (not the straight ones) that he'd dig out of his yard ... big chunks of tomato, big chunks of cucumber and homemade dressing. It was yum!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

You are way TOO cute.....I do remember eating weeds as a child....my mom would scold us but, they sure were good...so we would hide behind the garage for a snack!!! LOL!

AprilShowers said...

Hilarious! You are a clever one!