Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blushing with Cocoa

This was today's challenge card. :)
Today was a color challenge- Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, and Close to Cocoa.
I decided to use one of my new stamp sets Inspired by Nature. I just love the big cone flower silhouettes. I colored them with my watercolor crayons, right onto the rubber, spritzed it with water and stamped. Did that 3 times- once for the background (cut out with Big Shot die), another for the main flowers poking out and a third time for the cones of the flowers (popped up on dimensionals).
The ribbon is kraft taffeta rubbed into close to cocoa ink and then heat set with the heat gun. Once dry, I pulled one strand in the middle and bunched it up. I then cut it to this length and singed the edges to seal against fraying.
Theses colors have a lot of possibilities, depending on which you choose to highlight.
Image the difference if I had gone with a close to cocoa card base or ruby red in place of the white and used white craft ink for the flowers. Totally different!
That's what I love about a color challenge. Depending on your mood or personality, you can go in completely different directions.
To see where others in this challenge went, you can see the gallery for it HERE on Splitcoast Stampers (people post all day-and even all week- so you can keep coming back to see more entries to that gallery).
Here's to a gorgeous day!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Bev,
I love this card. You have a great blog and you are very creative and talented.

Tandra said...

WHOA!!! WOW!!! Fabuloso!!!
I love your blog girl!!!!

Jessica said...

What a pretty card! Love those colors together.

imastampin said...

Oooo, oooo, oooo, I love the ribbon done this way! Well, the whole card is great too! You're amazing!