Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Because now it's haunting me...

The other day I had loaded the dish washer to capacity and had a couple of pans left...so instead of waiting for the next load I washed them by hand...I was quite proud of myself for that. :)
Anywho...as I was soaping up those pans a bothersome little thought popped up in my big 'ole head:
If we sing happy birthday twice to wash our hands, why don't we do that while we're washing our dishes? Are we supposed to? Does my dishwasher do that? Do the little Kitchen Aid elves that live in my dishwasher come out and sing happy birthday twice? Do Kitchen Aid elves have birthdays?
*sigh*
Now every time I wash my hands...the question pops up again.
I hate itchy questions. They are such annoying little buggers.
Take a crack at it oh you smarties.
Help a sistah out! Why don't we sing happy birthday twice when we wash our dishes?

9 comments:

Tandra said...

I'm worried about you...*snort* LOLOL

Mandy said...

I don't know why, but now I will be singing it as I do mine. I don't know if I should say "Thanks" nicely or sarcastically - HUMM. - Mandy

DALewis said...

BEV! Now this is going to bug me too! Argh.

Andrea said...

Oh the questions that pop into our brains when we are sleep deprived! Thanks for a new quandry to bug my husband with :)

MEL said...

It's funny because I come up with some really off the wall questions sometimes too! The only thing I can think of is that usually I wash my dishes in really ultra hot water using a scrub brush with a long handle. Therefore, my hands never actually touch the steamy hot water. The bottome line is that I wash my dishes in the hottest water possible. Way hotter than if I were just washing my hands. I've always heard the hotter the water the more likely it is to kill germs. So then you don't have to wash the dishes as long since the water is so very hot. I don't know?????? This is just my opinion!

gayle said...

YOU Are ReAlLy Scaring me!!!!!

Pammila said...

... No. I think the Kitchen Aid Elves sing the ABC's song, like I do.

Were we seperated at birth, you and I? *LOL* Oh! No, never mind... You would never catch me ACTUALLY hand washing dishes...*LOL*

...but here's a new question for you: Why does it say "WORD verification" (below), when they are just a jumble of letters (and sometimes numbers)?

AprilShowers said...

I too sing the alphabet when washing hands. And as for dishes....I almost never wash by hand as I never quite feel like they could possibly truly come CLEAN that way. BUT if I do ever wash by hand I soak my dishes in the hottest hot water possible for several minutes before washing, so I think that that meets the "singing happy birthday twice" rule.

Alyssa said...

You must work in food service to know about the 'happy birthday' twice! Too funny! One answer to your question is that to hot water sanitize your dishes, the water must hit 171 degrees F. Some DW actually heat the water that goes into your DW. Other than that, I just think you are plain funny! :o)