Friday, September 05, 2008

Coffee and Muffins

Today's challenge was a limited supplies challenge. That means they limit the scope of what we can use in some way. The limits this time were coffee and the color orange. So I came up with this based off of one of my favorite coffee cards ever.

The reason that the Starbucks cup is tilting to one side is because it is a tilt card. Two pennies are making a dimensional sandwich if you will, and when you move the card from one side to the other the cup tilts back and forth. You can find a tutorial on that HERE.

The orange is our new in color, Tango Tangerine, and the designer paper is from the Hawaiian Papaya designer paper pack. Yum! I love that paper! :)

Now, those of you who look at my twitter over there <--- probably saw that I decided to bake with my girls last night. Seth took an extra long nap for some reason, so I spent some quality time with "just the girls"!

We made Zucchini Muffins.

Can you tell that I had a lot of help? :) I'm pretty sure that Robyn eliminated enough dry ingredients to severely alter the recipe. BUT, they were yum! (Thanks Susan for the recipe- I'll have to make it into bread next time b/c I think the muffin idea makes it dryer) And the kids have been snacking on them non stop. That's the life of a muffin though, right? Don't your muffins disappear for snacks all day long after you make them? I hope we're not alone.

Guess what? I made two of those coffee cards! :)

Leave a comment and I'll draw a name tomorrow for who to send it to. Arrivederci!

11 comments:

Andrea St. John said...

You are not alone on the muffin thing. I made blueberry walnut muffins the other day, and they were my regular snack...convenient and tasty. So, yes, muffins are destined to disappear rapidly.

DALewis said...

I love letting Kyle bake with me.

And get this, the shirt Robyn is wearing - did you get it at Target? Karissa has the same one. =)

BTW, I love Robyn's hats. She's too cute.

JAR said...

Isn't her hat adorable??! I bet they were delicious!

Your card is really cute! Love that cup!

Mel Hanlon said...

Cooking with kids is so much fun. Will actually told me the other day he was going to 'make a cake' and when I went to check out what he was gettin gout of the fridge, he had a jar of baby cucumbers and a tin of sardines so far... hmm.

~ melanie said...

I love to read your blog and find it very inspiring! I have something for you on my blog, check it out at www.melalleee.blogspot.com
thanks for sharing your creativity, melanie

Staci Miserlian (Misermom) said...

Oh, pick me, pick me! I want to see the tilt card in person. I made banana bread muffins the other day (instead of a loaf) in my slick new Pampered Chef silicone pan thing. It was neat. I need the zuchinni recipe! I really like your blog, BTW!

Melody Rodriguez said...

Oh! I'm a Starbucks' QUEEN, does this qualify me for it? HA!!! Zucchini Muffins? Ah! I wish my kids took a nap so I could have time to make them... Yes, they would be gone in my house in just hours, literally. BTW, I like the "White and Nerdy" version of the song, Isaac and I are reading you blog and jamming too!

~Chris~ said...

What a great Card and the Pics are cute.. I love baking with DS.. I would love the Recipe if you are allowed to share...

melissa said...

mmmm, muffins! I write this after just finishing 3, yes 3 carrot/apple/coconut muffins. The recipe is tooo good.

I love the card, love all your cards, but this one I must see!! Maybe we'll have to drive over just for a view of the card!

Cassie said...

your card is awesome!!
and the bread will be moister --- but it won't last longer!!! At least not in our house - it's too easy to just cut off a little sliver to nibble!!

Bev said...

Card give away stops here. :)