Friday, September 12, 2008

On "Bevithia"

I get a particular question here and there and after an email this morning, I thought I would answer it here on my blog! :)
Lydia emailed me this morning:
" Your blog is stunning!!! But I think Bevithia might be the most beautiful name I've ever heard - what is the origin of it?"
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love writing and creating for it.
Bevithia...oh my. :)
I was a camp counselor for many summers at a horse camp. One week we had a group of girls that grew exceptionally close and I had a fun friend named Elizabeth (Hi Elizabeth!) as my co counselor. One of those great weeks that everything comes together exceedingly well.
For some activities that week, the girls had to pick a cabin name. They came up with Bevelizabithia. Cute huh?
The girls would call my bunk "Bevithia", and Elizabeth's "Elizithia".
So when it came time to choose a name for a blog (and after staring at the screen for ages with a blank stare), that name came to mind. My home away from home. My Bevithia. :) A place for all my stuff.

I hope this calms that tiny itchy question. :)

I'm going to go for a nice walk with my kids this morning. It's cool, and sunny and perfect for taking in the outdoors. Enjoy your day!
Namasté,

2 comments:

Alissa said...

that is so cute! I seriously thought that was your name. so are you from WI? My SIL's BIL is on the base in Minot, ND. Anyway, I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd say hi! I LOOOVE your creations!

Lydia said...

How fun!! its like a magical country!! Thanks for answering! :)

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com