Saturday, October 11, 2008

Because Giving is Addicting!

Addicting I say! :)
This morning I had a Freecycle garage sale.
If you are unfamiliar with Freecycle:
"It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns".

I had a basement full of stuff that had been specialty cleaned from the fire, and I did not want any of it! Ok, so I kept a few things- but I had a garage and two rooms left full of things I wanted to get rid of. So instead of holding a garage sale and going through more work than I needed on my plate, I Freecycled it this morning.
Most of it is gone. Yahoo!

It was great to see people take stuff they wanted, and you could tell a few people really needed those things. It totally blessed me.
People would say thank you, and from my heart I just had to say thank you back!
It is so rewarding to give. And yes, as I said be for, it's addicting.
I want to find other ways to give. I want to give more. More! :) I love it! LOL
All this to say: if you are not part of your local Freecycle group, go! Look up your group on their website! Get rid of your things to those who need it, and post your needs too. It's all out there! Who knows what you can give or get for free?

Be a blessing today. Happiness runs in a circular motion,
P.S. Loved meeting a few of you this morning! ;) You are too much!

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a wonderful thing to do for someone! I have never heard of Freecycle! Thanks for sharing!!