Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's SEW Your Birthday!


Hi friends!
Today's Splitcoast challenge was a color challenge. On the plate was Pixie Pink, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss. Pixie Pink! Seriously! I wanted to cry when I saw that big bright pink shaking it's fist at me!
I stamped and I fiddled and finally I quit fighting it and let it be the main color. :)
I actually really like this combo now. Geesh! It's amazing how a challenge can make me do that.
I've been moving the house around the past few days. I've moved my stamping things down to the basement (ooo I have a big closet to hide my junk er...my perfectly organized goodies!), moved the dining room table into the dining room and oh my the upstairs now looks awesome. My stamping stuff had kind of exploded in the main living area. No matter how organized it was at times, it had just kinda taken over! So I'm glad to have tamed that beast, ya know?
Well the kids are now awake and it's time to go into town! Wahoo! I haven't been in like...a week and a half ya'll! Living in the sticks can be a drag sometimes...and not a good drag either. LOL!!
Have a fantastical day!

7 comments:

Donna said...

beeeeeautiful!

silkeledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL birthday card!!! Awesome take on the CC!!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This is SEW cute I love the colors they make me happy. Great job on this challenge. TFS.

Enjoy your trip to town...um...is there a LSS in town or maybe a craft store...lol. Have fun.

lisamekeel said...

please don't tell me you cut out around those cupcakes! Actually, tell me how you did it--it's awesome!

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous Bev, I love the colour combo and love that stamp too - I have just bought the set myself so thank you so much for the inspiration x

Margie said...

So beautiful! I love the stitching :) I have yet to try it out - looking at yours makes me want to get my lil' $20 sewing machine out! Thanks for the push ;)
xoxo, margie

Bev said...

Dear Lisa,
Yes. I did cut around those cupcakes. And then I used my hobby blade and cutting mat to cut out the center white bits. :) A couple more minutes, but I like the end result much better. :) Thanks for the question girlie!
Hugs,
-Bev :)