Monday, February 02, 2009

Valentines Turtles

Mmmmmmmm! Turtles! One of my favorites.
I rarely indulge in them, but when I do...I get that eye-rolling-to the-back-of-your-head thing going on! Um. Yum! :)
I thought I should alter a box for my sweety for Valentine's Day. Want to see?!?
Well, first I started out with this:
A heart shaped box of Turtles chocolates, and the basic card stock needed to cover it. I traced the box top with a pencil on the Purely Pomegranate card stock and cut it out. The sides are 1" high and there is a lot of room between the lids so you can line the bottom side with card stock as well as the top! I just cut those side 1"x11" from a regular 8.5"x11" piece of card stock (four of them-one for each side of the hearts) and used tacky tape to stick them on. It will overlap a touch, so you can snip off the extra and make it nice and neat!
Once that's done you can decorate it to your heart's content..get it? Hearts content. :) Mine will be if I get a bite of these babies! :D
I sponged the edges of the heart with Purely Pomegranate ink. Then I layed a sheet of vellum over top and free-handed a scallop heart to fit inside the edges. Once I cut that out, I adhered it in a few spots and sewed it down. Here's a close up for ya.
I used a "U" sticky cut letter and some glitter for the U. The "R" is a chipboard letter heat embossed with black embossing powder so that it's nice and glossy. The main stamp set I used here is Gina K's My Cuppa' Joe. It's really fun coffee set, but it has a lot of very versatile images in it that lend themselves well to showing some love! I versamarked the sugar canister image in the background here and there (you can see it best in the picture just right of the R). Then I stamped the sentiment "Sweet!" with Stazon onto shimmery white card stock.
I tied this up with some white satin ribbon and black striped satin ribbon and topped that with a vintage button threaded with some fun fibers.
Luckily it's a perfectly acceptable practice in this house to take a "love bite" from some one's treats. He'll totally understand. :)
So what do ya think?

8 comments:

MacKenzie said...

AMAZING!! I love what you did with this. It looks beautiful.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome!! What a great idea!!

Connie (cmc2stamp) said...

These are all so wonderful, Bev!!

Silke Ledlow said...

YUMMY - this is totatally cute - Bev!!! Love the glitter letter!!!

ninasays said...

So cute! Everything goes just so well together!

Charlene Austin said...

Oh Love it!!! What a great idea to cover the box. Like I really need another box of chocolates in the house.....Uh Oh....LOL!

Tanya said...

This is great! Love this idea!!

Brooke S said...

What an amazing transformation... I totally love your box... I might re-think those chocolates at the store next time...
Hugs
Brooke