Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bright and Charming Gardeners


Hiya!
I got to play in this week's Color Challenge over at Splitcoast! This week, Emily picked the colors Purely Pomegranate, Only Orange, and Brilliant Blue. Whew those are some bright ones! :)
I didn't have any Only Orange designer paper or ribbon, so I subbed in the pumpkin pie paper and Tango Tangerine ribbon.
This Side Kick Saying set is one of my favorite sets ever! It's a retired hostess set from...like 2 catalogs ago?...but man, I'm not sure I'll ever let it go!
I re-stamped the flower image twice more on the side of the original image to get all 3 colors in there.
It's stamped in Close to Cocoa craft ink onto glossy white cardstock, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The flowers are colored in and the words are highlighted with Copics.
So what do ya think? :)

On another note, I can't wait to stamp more often! I'm trying to get settled here in WA. There are so many things to figure out, errands to run (things we've put off during Michael's training in FL- like Dr's appts, homeschooling curriculumn research), church searching. It's a lot of work to get settled into a new place! I'll feel so much better when the last on that list is done.
Church searching is exhausting and I just want to sit still for a while. :)
Hope you're well out there!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Fabulous card! I really love how you highlighted the words.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Beautiful card, Bev! You made these colors look wonderful together! Hope you are feeling settled soon! {{{hugs}}}