Monday, June 08, 2009

Poor, Neglected Blog! (and NEW In Colors ALERT!)

A tragic accident occurred a couple of weeks ago. My darling 1 1/2 year old decided to come over and sit on my lap while I was on my computer and spilled her cup of water all over my laptop. Wasn't that dear of her? *sigh*
What can you do..I mean after you scream and cry, that is? Well, you try to recover what you can...even after you find out the next day that your once sweet and speedy laptop is now temperamental and full of operational obstacles. And you mourn. For a couple weeks. While having to use your husband's desktop...and conform to his set up until you can buy your own laptop again. It's going to be a little while. *double sigh*
BUT, now that I have a few KEY photo editing programs set up on his computer, I can now happliy upload what I've been up to in my stamp room. I know you want to see!
It's been quite a whirlwind of stamping goodness lately. Just ask any Stampin' Up! demo! They'll tell you! (especially if they expedited they're order...cause uh...I kinda usually do...he...yeah)
So I have allllll of the new Stampin' Up In Colors right here on my desk..along with the markers...and ribbons...and textured carstocks...and inks...and pads...and, well, I ordered it all.
And I've been playing, you see.
See?
This is the new Circle Circus set, matched up with the Celebrate Everything set, and some new yummy In Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry. Yum, huh? I'm totally in love with all 6 of these new In Colors!
Next I made this:Since I have the new 2009-2010 SU! catty right here, I can see that one of the new Designer Series Paper packs has a really cool color combo of: Taken with Teal, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, and Basic Grey. I subed in Bermuda Bay for the Taken with Teal, the white cardstock is Naturals White, and I stamped this image from A Wish for Peace with Stazon and used my re-inkers to color it in lightly. The whole intention in designing this one is that....drum roll, please....I'm planning on going to the SU! Convention in August! (insert happy hopping around here) Thus, I need swap cards. This one was designed and shall be one of those. :)
And who, from Splitcoast Stampers could go to convention without an SCS nametag? Not me!
Belinda King created this year's design. I modified it with the new in colors, and in color polka-dot ribbon! I used the Melon Mambo as the base, Crushed Curry as the name plate, Shimmery White for the oval, Soft Suede for the ink, as well as the Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain ribbon.

Can you take ONE more card? LOL
I had to make a quick birthday card for my Father-in-law.Isn't this new Crushed Curry color perfect for beer? LOL And the fabulous addition of the In-Color markers makes it so easy to color it in. ...OH! And see the label? That's a new punch, that I pre-ordered. It's called the Modern Label punch.
All of this new fantastica will be available to everyone on July 1st. Seriously. You're going to love all the new stuff! :)
Hugs!

5 comments:

Christi said...

Everything is wonderful girl!! I am so sorry to hear about your computer but I am glad you're back online! :)

Connie said...

Oh you have been having fun, Bev!! I should get my order tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing those in colors IRL!! Love everything you have been working on!

Ellie said...

OH if EVER I feel your pain.. I FEEEEEELL it.. I had the same thing happen to my laptop sniff,sniff... Although it wasn't water that got to my laptop it was a hinge that came off my DH tryed to put it back well he is too strong for his own good ?? Cause he pressed down and managed to spark a fire!! (little one that I had to blow out) well in that process from just a little hinge that could have been fixed it turned to having my video card and Motherboard go.. YEAH.. NOT GOOD AT ALL... long story short.. sniff,sniff had to get all my info out..and now am trying to rebuild.. sniff,snifff... SOOO I FEEL YOUR PAIN more then you know! I should be getting my new goodies FINALLY by Friday (crossing my fingers) got to love that 2nd day shipping! lol...((HUGS))

Tandra said...

HI BEV!!!!
Im going to convention too!!!
Do we get to meet????

I will have my StampinAddicts nametag on....;)

Isnt the new stuff LUSCIOUS?!?!?!
Hugs!

Tanya said...

I sizzled my computer about 4 years ago. SO SAD.
These cards are making me want even more than I already did!!! I think I'm missing pre-ordering, but I'm excited to see it all!!! :D