Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New Yums!

I received the most delightful brown box on my doorstep yesterday afternoon! Oh, Brown...the happiness your truck brings me! :)
Especially when the box has "Stampin' Up" splayed on the side. Glee!
I had to play around a little with my new schtuff! And here are a couple of cards I've made so far.
Last night I played with my new Farm Life set. I'm such a sucker for anything farmy. Chickens especially, and there's a rooster in this set...so yeah, sold on sight! :)
I stamped this scene onto a piece of the new SU! wood sheets. They are sheets of super thin wood adhered to carstock and I was worried that maybe they'd be fragile to work with, but no! They are very pliable, and I was so impressed I had to make an experiment card. And you're looking at it! :)
I stamped this with Stazon jet black ink, then colored it in lightly with my re-inkers and highlighted the clouds and barn with white gel pen. The lower half of the wood sheet, I decided to try brayering to color the wood. I used some Bordering Blue ink and brayered it and then lightly sanded it once it was dry. I sanded it just to bring back a touch of the wood grain.
What else did I try? Well, I held my breath, and closed my eyes and ran a piece of wood sheet scrap through my sewing machine! Happiness! Success!!
You can sew through these puppies! JOY!! :)
And bonus: my hubby thought it makes a good man card! Thank ya Lord! It's so hard to make a card that doesn't make him say "not for a guy".
Yes. I'm in love with these wood sheets. It's official. Onward!This morning I made this card with my new Build-A-Roo set. Gah! In Jan Tink fashion I just have to say it: I LOVE MYSELF! It's truely amazing to find a hobby that makes you feel this great...I'm blessed to stamp, I say! :)
I stamped this sweetie onto watercolor paper, used my SU! markers and aquapainter to watercolor her and her baby in and the rest just kinda fell into place. Other new SU! things on this card: Lattice Big Shot die, and Perfect Details Texture plate for the Big Shot.
I'm so happy I ordered this Lattice die! My mind is a'swimming in ideas to make with it!
Also, your eyes aren't foolin' you. I sewed on this card. Just without thread! Basically, I took the thread out of my machine and used it as a piercing machine. So quick and easy! :)
There you have it!
What do you think?

11 comments:

Connie said...

Oh FUN, FUN, FUN, Bev!! Love when Mr. Brown visits me too!! Your cards are so wonderful...love the scene you created in the first, and the second is just adorable...love that image!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

What GORGEOUS cards girlie!! LOVE all the new goodies you are showing here!! Hope all is well!!

LIsa said...

Glad to see you back :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Ooooh, Bev! I haven't seen those sets yet!!! Love-love-lovin' that Roo set!!! You are, as always, da bomb! :)

Tanya said...

WOOooOOW!!!!! Thank you for trying teh wood sheets, lol! Now I can get them and know what to do with them (sicne I don't own the big shot)
Plus the barn looks awesome, and that kangaroo is sooo cute!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Awesome projects Bev. I especially love what you did with the wood sheet. This is one card totally suitable for framing! Brave Lady to forge ahead and test out the stitching angle for the rest of us worry warts. Now we can rest easy and follow in your footsteps.

Thanks for sharing the creativity - Jean

Debbie said...

Wow, both these cards are amazing!! I love the SU! wood sheet stamped & coloured!! I had debated on whether on not to get the wood sheets, you've made my mind up for me!! Lovely job, the image looks beautiful.

The Roo is SO cute, what a sweet card!!

Sue said...

Awesome projects, Bev. You've given me lots of ideas swimming around my head after reading your tips about the new wood sheets & your sewing machine. Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your creativity!
Sue

Christi said...

How fun!! I haven't had Mr. Brown visit me in months. :( Love both of your cards!!!!

Debi said...

Bev they are all adorable!

Dina said...

Oh goodness this is too cute!!! I just love the textures and die cuts and the image is my favorite...your coloring is perfect!!