Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Convention: Geared Up and READY!

After many busy weeks, I am finally in Salt Lake City! Woohoo! :)
I've been prepping for it like a crazy woman, making swaps, roomie gifts, not to mention making my HOUSE ready for my absence for a week...picture my husband taking a week off of wor
k (blessssss'em), and taking care of my 3 little ones. My house is gonna be trashed, people. I tried to make it so it wouldn't be...but yeah, I'm gonna face reality and say: totally trashed! LOL
I have to show you a couple of things!
It's kind of a tradition that you make your Stampin' Up! Convention roommate a "roomie gift".
It can be simple and bought, and some people go all out with mini albums and handmade sweetness. In an effort to keep things simple this year (we all need more simple!), I ordered some of the Ribbon Originals packs from the new SU! catalog and hoped my
roommates didn't have these yet. I then made a little folder for them to go in and called it good. What do ya think?
I simplified my swaps this year too, by deciding on going with one major organized swap, and then making 50 general swaps for trading here and there and EVERYWHERE here at convention. I'm pretty sure I traded a swap with a lady in the bathroom last year (after we'd washed our hands of course!). Crazy swappers. Glad I'M not one. Pshhh. LOL
Here's the design I decided to make for my Splitcoast Dinner Swap (50 cards!)
Don'tcha just love this cutie-pie bee from the Teacher's Pet set?
I omitted the sentiment that goes with him and used the Stem Sayings set as the sentiment.
My favorite was glittering them all up. Eye candy, right! :)
And I made THESE Christmas cards for my general swapping (another 50!).
So now I'm here! And the party begins!
Tonight I'm having dinner at the Blue Iguana with some more fellow SCS SU! demos. More on that later!
Tomorrow....Memento Mall baby! I love shopping...and getting up early to shop with a couple thousand of your fellow demos is....GEEEEEE! There are not words! LOL
So make sure you come back and catch my Convention Week! :)

6 comments:

Robbie said...

These are all very pretty! I'm sure you miss the warmth of Florida, huh? Missed you at CHA but so glad we met at Flourishes in Feb. Keep us informed of the Convention. Have a great time!

Debi said...

Bev I hope you are having the best time ever. Wish I was there in line with you girl!

Lyssa Zwolanek said...

SO JEALOUS!!!! I am perusing your beautiful blog with your fantastic stamping, with my lower lip stuck out pouting because I can't go. lol Have a fantastic time!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

oh my Bev I am re living last year when i met you, I cannot believe all that time has passed. Thanks for the woderful convention news. Where were you in Mementop Mall line this year? I so wish I were there with you, but I am in spirit HUGS! ~Donna

Wendy said...

Cute stuff! Have fun at convention. Wish I was there too.

Amber (bambi64) said...

So jealous you got to go. Never knew about the roomie tradtion.. I'd be out on my bum real fast! Now I know for whenever I go. Hope you had a blast!