Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blog Hop(e) for Haiti

Hey there!
Welcome to a special blog post I'm doing for Skipping Stones Design's Blog Hop(e) for Haiti. If you are just jumping in, you should start over at the Skipping Stones Design Blog to catch all the beauties everyone has made for this blog hop.
If you did that you are coming to me from Jeanne's blog.
The intent of this hop is to do something to give back to the people who have been so devastated by the earthquake. SSD asked some of their favorite stampers to join the cause, and here we are!
So what are we doing to benefit Haiti, you ask? Every card you see along this hop is going to be auctioned off on Ebay with the proceeds going to the Red Cross towards the Haitian Relief Effort. If you would like to bid on the cards, you can go to the Skipping Stones Design Blog to click over to the auction.
But NOT ONLY is 100% of the auction proceeds going to the Red C
ross, get this: $2 from every stamp set purchased from Skipping Stone Designs from Feb. 16-22 is being donated also!!! Isn't that so generous of them?!? I'm very excited to be taking part in the Blog Hop(e). :)
Without further ado, here is my entry into the auction:

A toast to Haiti's future! *cling cling* We have to have Hop(e) for those who have suffered this tragedy.
I was so happy they let me work once again with one of their very humorous sets. :) Their stamps have such great personality and you've gotta love that! The images and sentiments here are all from their Margarita Birthday set.
If you look at the set, you'll see that the sentiment above is actually separated into three lines. Well, do you know what I did? The beauty of these stamps is that they're clear polymer. I simple snipped the stamp apart and lined up the sentiment in one long row on my acrylic block and lined it up perfectly when stamping it onto my card. Love that, right?!?
And if next time I use it I should want to have the sentiment stacked again, I just puzzle it together. Easy!
Do you like my "salt"? It's just some Martha Stewart crystal coarse glitter.
And this set even comes with sentiment for inside the card! CUUUUUUUTE! :)
Oh my dearies, I sooo hope you get a chance to go over to the SSD shop and pick out some goodies that maybe you've been eyeing for a bit. This is the best time to get them! Help others while enabling yourself?!? That's a trick that doesn't come by everyday. Hop(e) to it!! :D

And by golly, you'd better stay on this blog hop! I'm super honored to be doing this thing with 31 other AMAZINGLY talented women...I mean really. Their work is out of this world and the winning auction bidder *WHEW* what a stack of greatness they'll get!
So hop(e) on over to the ever sweet Peggy Russell and keep on going!
CHEERS!
P.S. What? You're expecting somethin' else? Ok.....well, guess what! SSD is hiding a few prizes along the hop. So leave some comments along the way to enter your chance to win!
Hehe. You bunch'a lucky ducks! :)

37 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Love the salt!!

Jennifer Moore said...

I do like your salt.

Cibele Glazer said...

Great idea for the salt and the card is adorable!

Laurie Marmon said...

Great use of the fun stamps. Your card is very fun. Thanks for sharing.

Ladybug Designs said...

I love this card. This set is totally adorable.

Nancy said...

I'm really getting sold on the stamps - helping Haiti is a bonus, too! Love your card, thanks.

Beautiful Greetings said...

Great card and I just love how you made the salt!

Jeanne said...

I just loved your whole post. Very fun and full of happiness and hope. Awesome.

The card is equally fun. Great use of "salt" throughout the card. Love it!

Amanda D. said...

Love the card Bev! Such a cute idea! I am totally going to have to lift this!

mycardz said...

This is my favorite set of stamps! You've done an awesome job with it too! I just love your card!

lauracox said...

I love the glitter salt!! Cute card!

pam said...

Great Card. I really like these stamps.

Pat said...

What a cute card! love your trail of salt inside and out -- so creative!

stampmonkey said...

This is so cute! I love the addition of the salt in the shaker and along the inside of the card! Here's to your creativity! *clink* ;)

Susan said...

Love your cute card and this stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very cute card!!!

silvia said...

Super cute card!! LOVE it!!

KOstvig said...

so cute lov ethe touch of salt

Kaye said...

Like this card

Pattyjo said...

Really great cards! Thanks for the chance!
Pattyjo

Haidee said...

VERY NICE LAYOUT OF THE CARD!!!

Lorrie said...

Salt is great...cute, cute, cute.

Barb's Boys said...

cute card-love this set-thanks for the tip on the 'salt'!

rozie640 said...

Very cute birthday card, just my style.

Edna said...

Great panel work and lots of fun colour, tfs

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Cute! Love the colors of the sea!

Jana said...

I too love the salt, very cute idea. Thanks for being a part of this blog hop. The people of Haiti need all the help we can send.

Crafty 4u said...

I feel the need for a drink with salt! luv the card! thanks!!! hugs, ellen

Kathie said...

Bottoms up...Great design. <3

ajh1985 said...

love love love this set of stamps!

Mama mia said...

Wow! I just love your card. I love the color and how you did the three blocks with the items on them. Thanks for the hop(e)

Kandi Phillips said...

Love the salt and the colors rock! So glad you could join us again for another hop(e)! :)

Stephanie Gruss said...

Chunky glitter?! Cutting your stamp?! You're either a genius or completely insane...I'm betting genius! Amazing card!

craftymom205 said...

Cute card. Love the details.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card and sentiment

Amy Sheffer said...

How fun, fun, FUN!! Love your salt!

Samantha Wright said...

love the colours and the salt is great!