Sunday, February 21, 2010

1 Martini, 2 Martini, 3 Martini...Floor!

Happy Monday, everyone!!
I hope your weekend was fabby. We hung out and got some more unpacking done. I feel like I just might be saying that for the next year. *sigh*
Oh well, at least with unpacking also comes one of my favorite things: PURGING. Love getting rid of stuff. Almost as good as getting stuff. What a vicious circle! Hehehe
I did have time to stamp just for the fun of it this week! Great things come from "just for the fun of it". Dontcha' think? Well, take a look and assess for yourself:
Gah! I felt like going for really "chic" and "popping" colors. It doesn't matter that I was probably in jeans and my t-shirt probably had baby spit up on the shoulder or something. When I was making this card, I was in NYC with some of my BFFs. Ya know? :) Have I mentioned that I love my hobby? I do. I do. I really do.
As for the card, here are some deets:
I used Skipping Stones Design's Chic Martini stamp set (remember that if you like it enough to get it, $2 from the sale -until midnight tonight!-goes to Haiti). Some SU! retired patterned paper. An SU! paper clip, from their clips assortment. The olives we punched 1/2" and 1/4" circles with a real toothpick.
The martini glass was stamped with Memento tuxedo black, onto watercolor paper. I then lightly colored the olives intentionally off center (with SU! markers) and made them bleed a touch with my waterbrush. Once that dried, I used my C3 Copic to make the gray shadow to the side, and went over the whole thing adding sparkly details with my At You Spica glitter pens. The sketch is this past week's sketch #154 from Card Positioning Systems.
I had lots of fun with this one! :)
Make sure you tell me what ya think.
Hugs,

3 comments:

dini said...

Sweetie, 'assess' - 4 of those s's. teeheehee!

Bev said...

Hilarious!! :) Thank Dina!

Patty said...

Love that card!