Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dirty Dozen& Dirty Dozen Alumni April Challenge

Heya!
A double post today! Hooray!
It's the 20th, which means that today there's a special gallery filling up over at Splitcoast Stampers: the Dirty Dozen & Dirty Dozen Alumni challenge gallery. This month Kelly Landers was our challenge hostess. She challenged us to "Create a card that honors our wonderful
planet Earth! It doesn't just have to have an earth image on it, you can focus on nature too!"
It also had a restriction: NO BUTTONS. I 'bout fainted when I read that. :) You know I love buttons...maybe I don't use them in *every* card but, to tell them they weren't invited...well geeze, it felt a little harsh. :D
Poor buttons. My baaaabies.
Also, we had to include a recycled item.
So here's what I made.
I used my Love Builds a Home stamp from Unity. I stamped that cute stamp with Stazon timber brown onto Arches hot press watercolor paper and colored it all in with re-inkers.
I love this image. So dang sweet. And it has nature in it, you see. And well, home is as natural as you can get...as far as I know it...I'm not much of a camper. Home is nature. Yup.
That pretty paper is from one of My Mind's Eye awesome new lines" Quite Contrary" and is called "Jack & Jill 'Favorite Thing' Bright Argyle Paper". A mouth full. But one of the pretties mouthful I think I've ever seen. ;) And I've seen a lot. I have 4 kids after all. :P
Oh, the RIBBON is my recycled item. It was snagged off another card. I reused it. Just don't tell the other card.
So make sure you head over to the DD/DDA challenge gallery today and see what the other DD/DDA whipped up for ya. It's gonna be SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS. I straight up guarateeeeeee that!
Warm hugs,

2 comments:

Zoa said...

adorable as usual!

Beate said...

Bev, that card is adorable. Your coloring looks amazing!
Big cyber hugs