Monday, April 19, 2010

Crunchy Birthday and Blog Hop Candy WINNER!

Happy Tuesday to ya! :)
Being one of the Skipping Stones Design Guest DT this month is making me post on Tuesdays. But I like it. :) It's been giving me an extra day to analyze my stuff...to noodle things out more. This week our sketch challenge looked like this:
I love shaped cards! They break you out of the angles of the regular 4.25"x5.5", ya know? The design always really makes me think hard. :) And since I knew that I wanted to use my new Buns-n-Crunches set (from SSD), I had two card factors already worked out.
Wanna see how it went? Lookie:
I put just part of a sentiment on the front. I LOVE SSD! :) Their humours sets are just such F-U-N! I put a candle on the front using an old trick I learned a long time ago= use your vegetable peeler to shave down half the candle and make a flat side to stick to your card.
Bahahahahahahaaaaaa! I love this set. Like, a lot. :)
The chocolate chip cookie is stamped onto Arches Hot Press Watercolor paper with Stazon timber brown, and then colored with carmel re-inker, then the chips are touched up a bit with choc. chip ink, and white gel pen finishes of the highlighting.
I'm hungry now. How about you? :)
Oh HEY!!
I have a WINNER from last week's Blog Hop CANDY! The winner is #9- Barb's Boys. I'll contact Barb and get this Buns-n-Crunches set out to her.
She's gonna love. Cause I do. ;)
Skip on over to SSD and look at what the other designers came up with in their shaped cards!! I can't wait to see.
Hugs,

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

I cannot believe I won this set! I'm so excited, I just love all the cute sayings on the SSD sets! I'm on vacation this week and jumped on my SIL computer to get my fix (LOL). My regular email address is b_turpin@comcast.net but I'll try to reach you early next week!