Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Skipping Stones Design Blog Hop and BLOG CANDY!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I apologize for my lateness in posting this morning! I had a teething 7 month old on my hands last night and was up at all hours with him soothing lots of tears. A mother's work is never done. But guess what. I've got stuff to show ya!
Skipping Stones Design is releasing 2 stamp sets today: Birthday Donuts (of which you know I'm a fan) and Whispering Wings (which I am using today).
All of the Design Team and the Guest DT were challenge to try this sketch:

Interesting, right?!? I had fun
with it fer sure. Lookie:

Masculine cards are super hard for me to make...and when I saw these images in this set, I thought "BINGO"! Perfect man card. I stamped the cattails in Memento brown, used my Copics, used October Afternoon's Farm Fresh "South Forty" dsp, added a little copper touch, and whammo! ;)
Oh! And I did the inside, too! :) Check out the awesome sentiment.
"The more you celebrate in life, the more there is to celebrate". Story: I was just stuffing my face delicately eating a Dove Promise the other day and this sentiment was my Promise. I liked it so I immediately thought my friend Theresa would like it. So I posted it for her on her FB wall. She liked it. And I bet she'll read this now and like it again. She's that kind of a person. Consistent. :) AND WONDERFUL.
But how neato that it's in this stamp set, eh? (sup Canada!)
Oh hey, I wanted to let you know that SSD is have a dealio right now too. If you buy 4 sets (like say, you wanted to by Birthday Donut, Whispering Wings, Margarita Birthday, and Buns-n-Crunches..those would be my choices!) then they're going to throw in one of their Bra sets! Check it out!

So onto the super fun: Blog CANDY!!!! :D
Leave me a comment on this post and you'll be entered into winning Buns-n- Crunches!
Oh yes! You don't want to miss this one. And guess what. I'm going to let you enter AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT. (Why do we limit that anyhow??) Just don't crash my site (ha!). I'll know it was you.
And make sure you go to all the other SSD Designer's blogs! They've got candy too!

Wishing you sunshine,

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your card -- I especially ADORE the inside and the cattails stamped so lightly there . . . looks AWESOME!!!

Cyndy said...

I agree, masculine cards are hard to make, but you did a wonderful job! Blog hops are fun, and it looks like you had fun being a part of one! Teething is hard, I hope it gets better from here on out.

Ashleigh said...

Lovely card! I have a hard time w/masculine cards too so thanks for the inspiration!

craftymom205 said...

Love the card. I just love those cattails.

Carol said...

You nailed this masculine card, I know any guy would love to get this one. Thanks for sharing!

Carol B
www.scraphappystudio.blogspot.com

Angela (jellybean74) said...

Love how you made a masculine card!! Very cool (now I'll have to play with my set). Thanks for the inspiration.

dini said...

Thanks for the chance to win! That set cracks me up. Heehee!!

Dina

Sharon said...

Beautiful card! This is a perfect "guy" card - I love the layout and colors. All of the special touches really punch it up - TFS! p.s. Thanks for the chance to win!

Barb's Boys said...

I'm really enjoying the plaids...nice job and I really like the subtle stamp on the inside of the card. (And I really like 'buns of cinnamon!)

kathy s said...

what a beautiful saying- so true and your card is so serene- this image could be used for so many things-love the colours too

mycardz said...

Wow, love your card! I really like the papers you used and the masculine feel! So glad you are joining us this month - you've done an awesome job!!

Laurie Marmon said...

Guy cards are hard, but I think you've got this one nailed! Love the way you finished up the inside.

jennashley said...

Great job, I love the stamp set with the exercise quotes; it's the funniest one I've read in a long time.

khaworth said...

Wonderful inspiration as always. Male cards are so difficult but any guy would be delighted to receive this one.

Stephanie said...

i like the plaid- great job for a masculine card- I like the inside image used!

mE said...

This is beautiful, Bev! I love this masculine card AND how you decorated the inside, too! I really need to get better at that!