Thursday, May 20, 2010

Buttons Buttons EVERYWHERE!

Hey there!
Today I'm playing along with this month's Dirty Dozen/Dirty Dozen Alumni Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.
Can I just take a second here to tell you something? There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think "I can't believe I get to be a Dirty Dozen Alumni!". It's such an honor to know these ladies who are so immensely talented and everyone of them is so dear. *happy sigh* I love'em. So here's me sending out BIG HUGS to those sweet DD/DDA out there. Here's one for you!
This month's challenge was put out there by ...ME! I got to host! *FUN*
Since last month the challenge was to use NO BUTTONS, I decided to flip it and say USE THOSE BUTTONS! My restriction? No black. No black cardstock, ink, embelishments- nada! Why? Cause we all know that black makes everything POP. Well, we don't want to POP a BUTTON! AHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...oh mercy. :)
Alright. Here's what I did:
I made a reusable coffee cup sleeve. I pulled out my felt (something that is all the rage to have right now to cut out your own embellishments with your dies), some trim and ribbon, a strip of designer paper, my Janome Sew Mini, and of course, lots of vintage buttons!

I placed everything where I wanted it and sewed it up. If you already know how to sew on cards, don't be afraid to try doing this! It's just as simple as sewing on a card and a really fun and quick and easy project -start to finish (with design time included) this took me about an hour (one nape time! Ha!). The buttons are hand sewn with embroidery floss (something us card makers probably already have hanging around too!).
I made this one to be adjustable to each cup by having the loops that go around the post buttons be stretchy cord. (I used "Bead 'n Stretch" a beading clear stretchy cord that I found in the Walmarts)
Let there be no question: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new coffee cup sleeve. LAWDY LAWDY I DO! :)
So be sure you check out what the other Dirties made for this month's Dirty Dozen/Dirty Dozen Alumni Challenge. You can find that gallery right HERE.
Wishing you sunshine,

4 comments:

Karen Barber said...

Way past adorable Bev....I LOVE it!!

Carolina said...

This turned out adorable Bev!!! I made some for Mother's day for a friend and forgot take pics...aren't they just too fun to make? Anywho, just wanted to let you know that I love, love, love the way yours turned out. Hugs & Smiles!!!

Melody said...

Wow, what a darling idea!

Jessie/knightrone said...

VERY cool Bev!!