Saturday, May 22, 2010

My 12 Father's Day Cards

Hola!
I'm ahead of the holiday card game! *happy hop* It feels gooooood! :)
Check out the 12 Father's Day cards I cranked out yesterday:
It all started for me last month when I saw the 6x6 pad of Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers paper. I thought it looked too perfect for words for masculine cards. I didn't end up ordering it until last week, but was I right or what?!? Perfect for Father's Day.
So these started with the paper and that I wanted the white base with the Walnut Stain Tim Holtz distress ink sponged on the edges. Then I discovered happiness in my box of A Muse yummies: Superhero, Cityscape, and Super Dad stamps. Add in that little strip of A Muse ribbon, a little dimensional and WHAM-O! A super Dad's Day card. :)
Yes, I did cut out 12 of those Superheroes.
Around numero QUATRO I wanted to gauge my eyes out.
But I didn't.
And I'm glad I didn't.... I like all 12, but mostly I like my eyes. :D
How lucky am I to know 12 fantastic fathers? And to have most of them as family? Blessed!
Have a great rest of the weekend! :)
P.S. I got the thumbs up from my hubby on these. They are manly enough and have no glitter, bows, or flowers anywhere. Though, he says that the superhero could stand to use P90x. ;)

4 comments:

Deb said...

They are adorable, Bev, but quite manly too! Those wonderful dads'll love 'em!

Tanya said...

SUCH a cute idea! I'm sure every dad wants to be a super hero! :)

Barb's Boys said...

Your little super hero dude is SO CUTE! Can't believe you did 12 of them - nice job! Is the background 'cityscape' a stamp or dsp?

Barb's Boys said...

Never mind - I read a little more closely and clicked on the link!LOL