Monday, June 14, 2010

Mangled Mermaid

Hey there!
I hadn't gotten to post in a couple of weeks- sorry about that folks! There's been some stuff going on in my life (of which I'll explain in a later post). For now though...a card I made a couple of weeks ago...and it's sad sad story.

"Once upon a time, I made a mermaid card...."
"and it was lovely, and beautiful (if I do say so myself!). And then...then...my daughter found it before I could take a picture of it.
And she took it away. To the backyard playground. She played with that mermaid in the tower. On the swings. Down the slide. In.the.dirt. And then when all the fun was up she left that mermaid in the playground bark bits...just laying there. Unwanted. Unloved. Thoroughly desolate. Without a prayer of being sent. The End"

That's the story.
Isn't it sad? I mean...I know the cards don't stay prestine once they leave my home. I try not to think of the horrors that happen to my little lovelies once they leave my hands. It gives menightmares sometimes...I jolt awake saying things like "not the jelly! Not the JELLY!" *shudder*
But still. They usually get the chance of LEAVING in one piece. *sigh*
Oh well. It was loved while it lived.
Did it ever.
Mysteriously the Mermaid remained in pristine condition...I'm perplexed.
Was this an act of love..or terrorism? :)
What do you think?
Hugs,
P.S. Said mermaid and darling sentiment are A Muse.

3 comments:

Jacynthe said...

I'll bet your dear daughter was so happy!! Who wants a super clean and perfect card? I'd rather have this one :) Giver her a hug for me :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh my, it's not funny...but your story is crackin me up!! I love the card, no matter what!!

mousekemom said...

Okay, so she isn't mangled, she is well loved...sort of. LOL Anyway, very cute and you should totally scrap it with the story for your daughter. See, problem solved! She really is cute, Bev!