Saturday, July 03, 2010

Merci Beaucoup!

Happy Monday, friends!
How was your Fourth of July? Did you enjoy some flag cake and fireworks? BBQ? Potato Salad? Mmm..it's good to be an American! :)
We had a nice day and just laid low. Had a picnic with the kiddos...took in some beautiful country scenery...good stuff!
Now, I trust you won't be offended if I load some more french on this front page.
It's pure coincidence that I featured those Fancy French Bloomers last week and that this week I've got a french sentiment going on. See what I mean:
I'd been meaning to try out some phonebook pages on a card..it was suggested over at the Papercrafts blog, and I'd been noodling it over ever since. I think it's kinda cute. The other papers are from Cosmo Cricket's De Lovely collection.
That cute chick is from the Basic Grey set "Green at Heart". The whole set is so darn cute and HANDY for thank yous. (And CHEEP CHEEP for only $6 over at Two Peas!) Isn't that chic supah sweet? I watercolored him as well as the sentiment bubble with some reinkers onto Arches hot press watercolor paper.
I love a good simple "Thank you very much/Merci Beaucoup". They always get used as I find myself ever in debt to someone's kindness, generosity, goodness, etc.
I think people should use more thank you cards. It makes you reflect on what you're blessed with as you write in it..and "a thankful heart is a happy heart"(-veggie tales).
When was the last time you sent out a thank you?
Hugs,

1 comment:

Beja said...

I agree that there is something powerful about a thank you note. It's even more powerful for the person who is preparing the thank you. You have inspired me to do some original thank you's this week. Nice playlist!

Thanks!