Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Don't Give Up

Happy Tuesday, friends!
I delayed yesterday's post to celebrate the 4th with family. ;)
Did you get to celebrate the Red White and Blue?

This week I've been thinking about the mental shift God has brought me through this year. With any big change in life...our hearts and minds have to change too.
Oh sure, we can reject change and stay where we are, but it will only hurt us if we choose to keep our minds small to the big possibilities of God's strength in our lives.

When we start out we don't see a way out. We are covered in our own small thinking.
How could there be a way out of this? Am I even meant for more?

"..being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

When we finally take the leap to believe that He really does have a plan, we have to decide how committed to this we are. Are we going to give ourselves fully to his design for our future?
Does this God who knitted me together, really love me enough to take care of my every.detail?

"Casting all your care on him; for he cares for you" -1 Peter 5:7

It's remarkable, and beautiful, and...overwhelming..but it's the truth: God.loves.me. And He loves YOU. And if you give it all to Him to handle, He won't let you down. He is faithful in every circumstance. Cast all of your cares onto Him. If He's taking you somewhere He won't leave you for a second. He holds on TIGHT.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." -Deut. 31:6

Until one day you find that you've crossed over into that change and you are NEW once more. Your mind is new and your heart is fresh and your testimony has one more long chapter added in His FAITHFULNESS. You have to let it out and hope that it helps just one more to know that His changes are worth it.
The changes are for us to share..to comfort those we touch.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God." -1 John 4:7

I don't know if any of you are facing some changes. I know that it's painful..and it's slow..and you can't see how it will turn out. I know the crying out, and the rawness of spirit. I know the one day slipping into the next and the fog of hopelessness. Then right there, in a blink, He shows you your worth, so that you can lift up your head and see His promise is here. Right in front of you!

Don't give up.

5 comments:

Ellie A. said...

This is beyond beautiful. I shared this w/my BF who is going through some times. I have told him how our Lord listens and is there and the most important thing is. NEVER give up. Thank you my dear friend for sharing such a beautiful post ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

As usual, Bev, you express important truths in a heartfelt and totally wonderful way! I appreciate the time you put into doing this. It DOES help me in so many ways. Thank you! Theresa

Melissa Harper said...

Awww Bev, this is the first time I've come to your Blog..LOVE IT and LOVE YOU!! So glad your sharing your talent and beautiful outlook with everyone! :)

Robbie said...

Your writing is beautifully done! I love the analogy with the little stuffed monkey. It's touching, relevant and understandable. Honey, you should write! You wouldn't believe what all you could share what God has done and is doing in your own life and how applicable it is to every one that reads your articles. Faith, faith, faith! Sweetly yours, my friend!!

mamamonkey said...

Oh Bev. How do you know what to say at just the right time? Big changes here. And I'm scared. Love you!