Friday, August 29, 2008

Needs Salt!

It's another challenge today! :)
Today's card challenge at Splitcoast was a Limited Supplies challenge. My friend Judy decided to challenge us to use "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue".
This is what I came up with.
Something Old- the retired Blue Bayou color. Something New- Elzybells Art Stamps image "Rainy Days". Something Borrowed- borrowed classic inspiration from Morton Salt. Something Blue- I'll let you figure that one out. ;)

First off, I love this little Rainy Days image. Isn't she darling?!?
I colored her in with the watercolor markers technique. Then I took my white gel pen and went to town drawing in rain lines and splatters, and highlighting. By the way, if you are doing any kind of water coloring...do yourself a favor and use watercolor paper. It absorbs the water and takes the coloring so much better than normal card stock! I'll never look back, people.

I love how the popped up umbrella is kind of shading her face in the picture. Funny.

4 comments:

DALewis said...

Cute, cute, cute! And I love the siggie at the bottom of your blog. I'm having a girl design my blog complete with siggie. She's supposed to start on it September 8th. I am SO excited!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I love it!

Rhonda said...

Great card! I love it. TFS

Alyssa said...

Not normally an Elzybells fan, but this card is phenom! I love the popped up umbrella and all the white gel lines, both as rain and highlights. :o)