Friday, September 19, 2008

Quilted Top Note Tutorial

Holy late night batman! :) I was up until 3 am working on this blasted video. Mostly it was figuring out how to do it and technical matters, but man...next time I am totally making a simpler card.
This tutorial is a little over 8 minutes, just because of all the card details, but I'm sure you'll forgive me! Right? Right? ....hello? Are you still with me?

You know what this means though, right? I now only have 48 Christmas cards left to make! LOL



There *are* a couple of things you might like to know:
1) The "quilt" uses 1 1/4 inch squares.
2)They are lined up 3 down and 4 across.
3)This means the white base you stick them on needs to be 3 3/4" by 5"- perfect for the Top Note cut.
4)These little snowflakes are the Little Felt Flurries from the upcoming Holiday mini and they are caaaayuuute!
5)The button bouquet does not come in a separated section bin like that. I just keep all my old bins and when I get buttons like this that aren't separated and I start crying inside, I go find a separated bin so I can organize them and find a tissue. It's sad, huh?
6)The Top Note has a perforated edge, so when you run your white gel pen through it it looks like stitching.
7)Real time, this card took me 20 minutes. Hence the speeding up. I. Am. Not. On. Drugs. I promise. :)
Do let me know what you think.
Hasta Luego...as in...later,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! Thanks for the video...well done!

lindastamps

Staci M. (Misermom) said...

Totally a fabulous top note idea! Thanks for showing the video! How come I never noticed that DSP before??

MandySue said...

oh I so love this card. I wish I could work at fast forward speed like you:) But then again it wouldn't be as enjoyable as it is in regular slow motion.

good job bev

Holly said...

This card is really cute..What a great idea to use it with the top note.. Great job on the video. They are time consuming to make and edit..

Anonymous said...

Bev, this is such a pretty and creative card. Thanks for taking the time to make this video when you shoulda been sleeping! It's always better to see something actually being made before you try it yourself. Love your creations and blog!

Yapha said...

Great tutorial! You make it look so easy! I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Lynn said...

I can't wait to try one!!! Thanks for the great tutorial! Congrats to you for having this card on SS.

Lynn said...

I'm back again to tell you that I finally got to try this. I linked my blog post to your tutorial. In case you'ld like to see, here's how my card turned out: http://lwdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/raspberry-tart-quilt.html
Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Judy said...

Thank you for this tutorial. I truly enjoyed watching another put together a complex card. It is a very creative card. Your sense of art is marvelous. TFS Judy