Friday, September 19, 2008

Shades of the Kiwi Tree


Today's challenge was a limited supply challenge. The basic limits of this one was WHITE, one neutral color (black or brown) and a color of our choice. I chose Kiwi Kiss. This is another gorgeous image from the Branching Out set from There She Goes. I just love all the different options to put on the trunk of this tree!
Since I could only go with one color, kiwi kiss, but I wanted to make the leaves stand out some, I stamped this with stazon (permanent) onto watercolor paper. Then I used the kiwi kiss reinker on the lid of my ink pad and added a drop of water a little ways away. Then a drew a line with my brush over to the drop of reinker. What this does is create a line of different shades from that one color. I then used that line to shade the tree and the grass below it.
And, seriously, how yummy is that kiwi kiss ribbon?!? If you don't have any- you've got to get you some! Now! LOL
As a side note: I'm sooo *excited*! My shows are starting up again starting Monday with Dancing with the Stars and HEROES! Ack! I'm trying not to think about it...but man. I've been diiiieing for them to come back on! Ya know what I'm talkin' about?!?
Here's to delish entertainment,

3 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am totally with you on the shows coming back...Heros, Greys Anatomy...ackkk, I am so excited too!! I love the colors on this image, super cute!!

MakiJo said...

The card is soooo cute! I love how you colored the tree. Very ceative!!
I can't wait the new season of Heros, too! Yattah :)

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Hey Bev ! I love this card...and it is nice you are sending it to the home that cared for Carolyn's mom. I was just dropping in, and yes I CANNOT WAIT FOR GREY'S to return....see you soon! Donna