Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Elzybells Design Team Challenge #4 and a Good Bye

The Elzybelles (that's what the Elzybells DT girls are called) had a challenge this week to make a card incorporating an inchie.
For those of you who don't know, an inchie is a 1" square that is decorated, stamped, and used as an embellishment, if not the focus of a card.
I had made inchies before and used them as a focus, but this time I pushed myself to make it an embellishment. 1"x 1" is a pretty large embellishment to incorporate without taking over the "flow" of a card. So I was sneaky! I made it into a button, by placing a 1" square clear button over it! Ta-da! Again,I started this card having chosen my designer paper- Main Blueberry.
To the main color of this paper (Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Bashful Blue), I added the color Bordering Blue to tone it down a notch and give it a more winter feel.
Though I really love how this one turned out (and I'm now only needing 42 more Christmas cards), this card is bittersweet.
It is my last Elzybelles card. As of tomorrow I am stepping down from the Elzybells Design Team.
I am taking on a new project that requires my attention and I didn't want to let Elizabeth down in my DT work while doing this project.
I will of course keep on blogging the cards I make (some with Elzybells images), just not as part of the Ellzybelles.
Hugs,

7 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome card...I need that paper!!

Rachel Hope said...

Super cute card!!! Love those colors...We'll Miss You!!!

Ann said...

Oh, she is TOO cute! Love it! :D

Angel said...

this is wonderful! great coloring and paper piecing! and i love the inchie embellie! really sorry you won't be a "belle" anymore! ={

Riley said...

This is adorable.. i loooove your coloring!

silkeledlow said...

Hi girly - this is totally cute!!!
I better not show this to darling ice-skating image to my oldes or I have to buy it!!! Hey - I'll get buy it for x-mas - wahhooo - you enabler you!!!

steph said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers and the image is fab! x