Thursday, November 20, 2008

Queen Dirty Challenge Numero Uno

Every month the Dirty Dozen and the Dirty Alumni (known to me as the Queen Dirties), have a little challenge amongst each other. Sharon Harnist is hosting it this month and she came up with a theme of a Thankful Hearts. It could be Thanksgiving themed, or just a 'thank you' theme, but whatever we chose to do, we had to include a heart somehow somewhere.

This is the card I came up with tonight...I mean this morning.

I stayed up late...I mean early...let's just say it's almost 4 am and I haven't slept yet. :)

Stamping with Queens makes me nervous ya'll!

Back to the card.

I started with pie. Mmm...pie.

I decided it should be a cherry pie, so enter the cherry theme...and cherries go so well with vintage so add in this paper and that ruffled edge, and the felt ric rack. But it all just felt wrong...dull. Until I added the black. And then POP baby! These black American Craft thickers felt right. But what about the heart?!?

Yes. I added a heart button (threaded with a slip of black cardstock). Buttons complete me. :)


To see what the other Dirty Girls and the Queen Dirties came up with for this challenge click HERE to go to the gallery. Pace yourself. It's darn amazing in there.


So what do ya think? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect little card! Guess I have to take out my summer picnic DSP an' mixit up with some JBS! Thanks for staying up late for us. Hey, look at it another way, it was only 12:30 am on the west coast when you were done, oh wait are you 2 hours time difference??? hmmm

Butternut Sage Designs said...

I think it is delightful, my favorite part is the ruffled, scalloped fun edge! ~Donna

Jeannette Swain said...

Oh, this is just too cute! The colors are so vivid and bright! Makes me smile :o)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute and fun Bev!!! Love it!! Hope you got some sleep!!

Angi (Mistress_of_Mayhem) said...

Love that flowered scallop edge! And you're right...this card POPS!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Totally ADORABLE, Bev!!! You ARE a stamping queen my dear...get used to it! lol