Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock

I got a chance to play into today's Way to Use it Challenge over at Splitcoast! The challenge was to use a color combination site of our choice. I have a site I love to go to for color combos. It's called Colour Lovers and it's awesome because you can input keywords (such as "sympathy" or "warm") and it will give you a slew of color combos that people have labeled with those tags.
I chose this Welcome color combo. It involves the SU! colors: riding hood red, groovy guava, certainly celery, baja breeze, and taken with teal. I omitted the groovy guava.
The main image and the sentiment is from the build it yourself stamp set Welcome Home by There She Goes. It's such fun to put together! :) You can find the full recipe HERE.
Hope your day is wonderful! :D

9 comments:

MakiJo said...

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the Southern mild winter. And this card -- OMG!! What a beautiful colors! Love your coloring. The card really has welcome feeling:)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful card, I love the bright colors.
Hugs Anja from germany

Linda said...

I really like your card because the coloring makes you feel the texture of the shutters. TFS:)

Jessica said...

Seriously Bev, this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors you chose are awesome, I would have never thought to use such out of the ordinary colors with this set. You have really opened my eyes to even more possibilites!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous Bev!!

Tandra said...

STUNNING!!!!! Amazing colors!

silkeledlow said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Love how you colored it!!! Hope you all are well and enjoy the nicer weather in FL?!? Hugs~S~

stampinsilvia said...

ohhh I just LOVE your card! What a fab new set! That girls got it going on! Lucky you to be in DESTIN!!! having lived there myself I can onlty tell you that I am EXTREMELY jelous...fortunately I'll be moving to Greece soon or I might just have to come and visit!

Joan B said...

wow, this is amazing. love these colors.