Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Dirty Girls and Dirty Queens Challenge

Happy Inauguration Day ya'll.
Are you tuning in to all the happenings: speeches, swearing in, blah blah blah?
I hear it's mighty chili in DC. Bless'em.

This morning I'd like to show you a card I worked on this weekend. it's for this month's Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni Challenge. Every month we have a little challenge together and reveal our cards for it on the 20th.
This month, the fabulous Jodi Collins was our hostess, and since the 20th next month is past Valentine's Day, she made this month our Valentines Challenge. The particulars were that we were to make a V-day card using a lot of texture and NO RED! We could use pink. Whew! :)
Let me tell ya, I hung on to that pink! LOL

I got the chance to use this sweet elephant from Our Craft Lounge's set Dr. Pea-Nut
Is he darling, or what?!
You know...now that I'm thinking about it...is it weird that I used an elephant on my card on this inauguration day? Is that tacky? I didn't mean to... :) Still funny anyway.
You can find more info on this card HERE, and if you are interested to see what the other Dirty Girls, and the Dirty Alumni whipped up, click HERE for that gallery.
Hope you are enjoying this day!! Smooches,

4 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

I would have never thought about the elephant on election day, you are too funny!! This card is AWESOME!!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

So cute Bev

Tanya said...

I think its very cute! What a fun little elephant!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - BEV - THIS IS DARLING!!! LOVE THIS ELEPHANT IMAGE AND YOUR DESIGN!!!